Sunday, April 22, 2007

Fanatic Hard at Work

My local Dymocks stores tells me that there are 91 days left until the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows comes out in 91 days. According to the countdown --> ... there are only 89 days! In addition, Order of the Phoenix comes out at the cinema a few days before!

Of course, there is Spider-Man 3. Just in case you've missed the advertising juggernaut. Only a couple of weeks left!

Hope all of you in Melbourne have managed to make it to at least one show at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival. I'm extremely devastated not to be working at the box office again this year. :( On a happier note, we are booked in to see the Melbourne Comedy Roadshow on the 3rd of May (yes, they even come to Darwin), and then my favourite comedian of all time, Ross Noble, on the 13th of June. I believe Ross is doing a motorcycling tour of Australia, doing gigs here and there, and filming it for a tv show.

5 comments:

Matt said...

I caught Ross Friday night. :) He was, as always, fantastic!

I heard Spidey 3 was coming; maybe I really should see #2...

Gayle said...

Hi Matt! Great to hear from you.

Oh No. Disaster. How can you not have seen #2? It was better than #1. The evil dude didn't look like a man in a plastic halloween costume for a start. And Alfred Molina (Doc Oc) is great in anything he does (ref. Frida). Better get cracking - you have 2 weeks!

You saw Ross? *very jealous* Did he do fizzy logic? Was it very different from past years?

Matt said...

Alright, alright, I'll try and schedule in some Spidey 2 action in the next two weeks! :)

Yeah, Ross was performing Fizzy Logic. Not that different to previous years really, as usual it was just Ross talking *very* funny garbage. ;)

I wrote a post on my blog about it:

http://trentini.wordpress.com/2007/04/23/ross-noble-melbourne-town-hall-20th-april/

Gayle said...

Sweet - I can't wait to see the show. Even though I see him every year, he's still damn funny.

Good - you will have to tell me what you thought of #2 and #3!

Anonymous said...

Oh man.. your last entry is making me so hungry - it's like everywhere I look there's food (fish, fish, restaurant)!! =P