Sunday, January 18, 2009

I'm in Love!

2.5 years ago....

No, that wasn't the last time I blogged, although I must admit that it is not too far off...

An extremely thoughtful group of friends gave me an wonderful birthday present of contributing towards a new bicycle and accessories. After quite a number of months... no, years of procrastinating and waiting for the right moment, my trusty old Shogun Trailbreaker 3 finally started to show signs of wanting to retire.

Thus, behold my new Giant CRX3 (2008 model):


I cannot begin to say Thankyou enough to my generous friends.

She is just beautiful.

After a couple of months of bike shopping, wanting a mountain bike, then being convinced by a salesman to get a hybrid, and being adamant that I definitely did not want a road bike because I needed to be able to ride off roads sometimes, I ended up getting a flat bar roadbike. The guys at Lygon Cycles helped me out with a great deal and set me up with all the necessary accessories.


She rides like a dream. Although I must admit that I never realised that Melbourne had so many badly repaired roads before. Every bump in the road has me worried about my newest love.

But I have made the 20km ride out to the east, complete with two heavy panniers, and so far, no problems at all. Just have to get used to going so fast!

*sigh* - I really couldn't be happier with my new purchase. To you special persons, Thanks again for the Birthday Present! It's perfect.



It's been ages since I've been to the movies, but here are a couple from way back....


Bolt 3D: 3.5/5
Cast: John Travolta (voice)
In a nutshell: The hamster is a pisser. A lot of fun.
Brief Synopsis: Movie star dog who thinks he really has super powers goes on a road trip.

Saw this one in 3D and it was amazing! Gone are the cardboard glasses with the red and blue celophane that you only use for 5 minutes of the movie. These were proper plastic glasses that we used for the WHOLE movie! Even the trailers for up and coming 3D movies, and they were also all in 3D. Anyway, to the movie - great characters and an interesting story line. A bit like ice age for me in that one of the side characters (ie. Scrat in Ice Age and the hamster here) steals the show. Worth a watch, especially in 3D if you have the opportunity.

Bride Wars: 2.5/5
Cast: Kate Hudson (How to lose a guy in 10 days), Anne Hathaway (Rachel Gets Married, The devil wears Prada)
In a Nutshell: Silly and corny, but sorta fun
Brief Synopsis: Best friends have dreamt of the perfect wedding for years, but when their weddings are accidentally booked on the same date, and furious war of sabotage ensues.
Before you set a foot inside the cinema you know what you are going to get with this movie, and so it does not fail to deliver, nor does it exceed expectations in any way. A bit of girly silliness, mostly predictable, nothing particularly special.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great (and super clean). I’m very jealous.

Anonymous said...

Heya you, you're more than welcome! Very glad you've got that new-bike-lurve thing goin' on; there's nothing like a faster bike to get a cheeky grin on your face (with the possible exception of a 60k/h tailwind!). :)

Enjoy it thoroughly and absolutely! :)

Love, Rob