Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Little Rant

It's almost 2am in the morning, and I'm up procrastinating and trying to write a report for work. That's f%$&'d up. What am I doing??

It's times like these when any random thought is interesting. Pigging out on Cadbury Black Forest chocoloate...mmm... those chewy cherry bits are so yummy. Starting to feel a bit ill though.

Thinking that I should get over my aversion to jumping on the bandwagon, and start posting photos on Facebook. But then does that almost make this blog redundant? Barely write in it nowadays, no one might notice if I stopped writing it anyway. It's the need to blog well that prevents me from writing more often. Should just get over it and get into the habit of writing frequently.... even if half the time it is rubbish.

Work sucks a bit at the moment. Too much to do in too little time. Think I just need to take some holidays. Over the last 9 months, have taken 1 day of leave and 2 halves of an RDO... probably starting to take its toll now. Should use up some leave.

Bit over having long hair too. But it takes so long to grow, seems a shame to cut it all off. Just had it trimmed... so that should last me another 2-3 months. Then maybe I'll cut it for summer.

Looking forward to the snow. It has been too long since me and my sweet board have been on the powder. The thought of hitting the slopes always makes me both excited and scared. I know the risk of injury is not exactly small... sometimes I wonder why we enjoy it so much. $96 for a one day lift pass... ridiculous! Perhaps it's the beautiful scenery. Maybe it's the exercise. Don't like the speed so much.... wuss.

Hmmm... better get working... have to be up in 4 hours.....

5 comments:

Matt said...

I've been in that same 2am situation many times and have wondered why too. Still can't give a good answer. :)

Gaaahhh! Please don't go putting your photos on Facebook! Stick with this format - it's more work but the result is much better. And - since we can easily subscribe to your feed - I know I'll never miss a post. God I hate Facebook for photos.

And I'll *definitely* notice if you don't blog. Keep it up!

Do you use an offline blog editor? I use Windows Live Writer and it makes it much easier to write posts. And, since you can write them any time (on the train is a common one for me), you may find yourself writing more often. If you're still editing your posts through the blogger web page give it a shot.

If you want to go to the snow please let me know - I'm mad-keen to go. :) As for the injury aspects, I always just assume I'm going to get hurt and then it's a nice surprise if I don't!

Hope you got your work done...

The Other Matt said...

I agree with Matt. Don't stop writing! Your blog is great.
Where would we be without turns of phrase like "sweet board on the powder?" Huh? Nowhere good, that's where.

Gayle said...

Thanks for the feedback Matt & Matt, at least I know someone is reading it, and I will try and update more often (said that before I know).

Yeah, I'm still using Blogger to blog, and it is somewhat annoying. Will try out Windows Live Writer, and maybe try and post some photos this weekend.

Mr T - I've sent you an e-mail about the snow. Apologies for it's garbledness.

Unknown said...

Miss G!

I usually pop into your Blog every so often to see what you're up to - I even have it in my Favourites listing!

So, keep the Blog alive, stay away from Facebook, and keep your hair - I love it long!

And go to bed. Now.

PS Did we try and tee-up a Fairfield Boathouse catch-up at some point, but never got there?! Did I pike? Sounds like something I'd do... :P

Jacelyn said...

Hey Gayle!

Haven't checked your blog for a while cos I thought you stopped writing on it - but I'm glad I checked today (even tho it's been over a month since you last posted hehehe). You know I'm on FB pretty much every day but even I say don't stop writing here! I love reading your stories and your thoughts and I think you'd lose a lot of that on FB. So yeah, keep the updates coming and oh! oh! I almost forgot - congrats on being a soon-to-be auntie! I'm so excited all you guys!! =D xx