Friday, November 05, 2010

Baby - Environmental Blackhole

Rant of the Week:
As harmless as they may appear (see Exhibit A), I have arrived at the conclusion that babies are a major contributing factor to our environmental problems.

Exhibit A

Last week our little cherub embarked on a campaign to deplete our considerable supply of linen. There were all sorts of bodily functions going on, mainly vomiting, on change mats, bedsheets, towels and me! Who would have thought such a little thing could create so much washing.

Then, there are the nappies... there have been times when there have been two nappy changes required during one half hour feed. We made the decision to go with disposable nappies which contributes greatly to landfill. The alternative is cloth nappies which do not contribute as much to landfill, but require a lot of water and soap for washing, plus electricity assuming you do not wash by hand. I will be the first to admit, that although cloth nappies may have a lesser environmental impact, the thought of all that washing scares me, so I will have to concede that I am not doing my part for the environment.

Two Apologies:
1. Apologies to those who have been waiting for an update and new photos. My computer has been playing up and needs a rebuild (good excuse for being lazy).
2. Also apologies and thanks to those who have been posting comments on the blog, I just realised that I am now required to moderate and approve the comments before they appear on the blog, whereas this was previously not required. They should all be appearing now. : )

Latest Photos:
Play time

There is something about the way babies yawn that I find adorable.
Thankyou Amma for the very cute growsuits.
Loving the fact that spring has brought some warm weather so that she can wear them.


Cycling practice, with help from puppy.


The last couple of weeks we have started to see a lot more expression from our little baby. Jade has started to smile (although Gideon still doesn't believe me!) and baby talk. Definitely makes all the cleaning and night time feeds worthwhile.

Jade has something to say


Not happy Mum


Nah, just joking

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about nappies. Its a damned if you do damned if you dont situation. With most of Australia being in water restriction zones an extra load of washing does not help. We also went disposable nappy.

The new pictures of Jade are fantatic! Its amazing how fast they grow in those first couple of months.

Anne-Marie said...

What an adorable little monkey!
Can't wait to hold her again ...