Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Social Network: 3.75/5

the_social_network_movie_poster

Cast: Jesse Eisenberg (Zombieland), Andrew Garfield (The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus), Justin Timberlake (The Love Guru)

In a nutshell: Well made and intriguing

Synopsis: The story of how Facebook came to be

 

Often I find that biographic movies tend to plod along with no particular climax and as a result are rather boring and dull.  Despite being a biographic account of Mark Zuckerberg and how he went from computer geek to the creator of Facebook (and despite the vomiting infant I went to see this with) I found myself interested in how it all happened, who were the players and what happened to them.  As always David Fincher (Director: Fightclub) has done a superb job, and the actors are all good, giving understated and effective performances.  It wasn’t a wow movie, but surprisingly it did leave me thoughtful afterwards.

No comments: