Tuesday, February 06, 2007

What's your favourite movie?

It's raining again this morning. Yesterday it rained for most of the night before and we got a whopping 49mm in Darwin, and even more in surrounding suburbs. It's definitely wet season!

Still bumming around at home and looking for a job. Surely someone could use my skills! I'm not that incompetent!

Anyway, I managed to waste over 3 hours over the last 24 hours. Lynn you are a saviour! My sis sent me up a couple of DVD's with 2 episodes of So You Think You Can Dance taped (we don't get it here, no Channel 10... although incidently, I notice they are showing The Biggest Loser here on Channel 7, daily at 10.30pm). It was AWESOME! We are going back to the episodes where Martha, Dimitry (he of the open shirt), Ryan and Allison (she was robbed) have been kicked off. And at the end of the last episode there are only 6 people left. Benji and Heidi (very uncousinly cousins) were HOT! Unbelievable moves in their mambo - I will have to see if I can convince Gideon to learn them! ;P

One thing I have been doing is exercising more (Going to have to tone up to fit in the dress for April!). Gideon has to keep fit for work, so he's been dragging me a long for some runs. I'm so unfit that he stops to do sets of pushups and situps while I keep running, and he still catches up. Oh well, can only get better!

Have been meaning to mention.. has anyone see the advertising for Phantom of the Opera!!!! I can't believe it is coming back with Anthony Warlow....*sigh*... what a honey. I'm so there. www.phantomoftheopera.com.au I believe it hits the Princess Theatre in July this year! Can't wait!

Anyway, as you can see I've updated the sidebar of my blog to display some of my favourite movies. If you haven't seen any of them, you definitely should. What are your favourite movies? Feel free to comment...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!Grats on your previous post!

I think you should hop on your bike and make Gideon run after you :P Keep up the exercise tho, the rewards are, rewarding! (woah, what a vocab!)I just got back from one of my usual rides into a head wind, and I'm amped!

Some of my fav movies I can think of right now are: Howls Moving Castle, Laputa - Castle in the Sky (great soundtrack), Nausica Valley of the Wind (soundtrack + storyline + animation), first matrix, first ep of the lord of the rings, Unforgiven, voices of a distant star, the shawshank redemtion, rocky I (lol, I can't wait to see rocky VI!), The King and I (what a great ST!)...etcetera etcetera etcetera...

Got any training routines set up yet, or you just going for random bouts of exercise? I started doing weights again, don't know how long it'll last but I love feeling the DOMS and fatigue!

Have a good one!
Jason.

Gayle said...

Hey Jase,

You should talk to my mate Rob. Mad cyclist. He just did some ridiculous ride, more than 200km up half of Victoria's mountains.

I haven't seen half the movies you mentioned. Was Howls better than Spirited Away? I thought it was excellent, but don't think I could sit through another if it's almost the same. You thought the First ep of LOTR was better than the last? I will have to beg to differ there. King & I - yeah great movie... I even liked Anna & the King, even though it didn't have quite the same magic. You really can't get much further past Pulp Fiction for a great soundtrack.... or Sound of Music.. or Grease!

No routines set up yet... I'm not good with exercise routines... bit like the gym... the novelty wears off fast. Am considering starting to build up my riding distances though, while I still have the spare time.. just will have to make sure to carry heaps of water.

g xoxo

Anonymous said...

Gayle Chua - re your previous post - how could you?!?!?

Only kidding; fantastic to hear the news, and congratulations to big G for entering the course. It should be a fantastic experience ...

You want my favourite movies? ... it's safe to say that Heartbreakers is *not* on the list. ;) Nominally, I'll put down Breakfast at Tiffany's, but ones I've enjoyed over the years include Kung Fu Hustle (best martial arts), Borat (most hysterical laughter), The Fifth Element (among the best sci-fi), Snatch and Ocean's Eleven (best fun crime films) ... and Tour de France 2003 stage 15 (best sports ;) ).

Btw, I'll also add that I love your work in keeping the blog site updated, am really enjoying reading the updates. :)

Best of luck with the fitness regime, and yours sincerely,

le cycliste fou (chien fou!)

Gayle said...

Hi Milo,
Thanks for your comment! I'm glad you are enjoying the blogging. It's great to get some feedback.

As for your favourite movies, I have to comment on yours! How could you prefer Snatch over Lock Stock? The latter is far superior! Kungfu Hustle as best Martial Arts?? what about Ong Bak, Volcano High, any of Jackie Chan's non-Americanized movies, Bullet Proof Monk??? (just kidding!). Must agree with Fifth Element though, although probably enjoyed The Matrix a little more. Tour De France? No comment :P

Au revoir le cycliste fou!

Anonymous said...

Dude! I'm happy to participate in your 'so you think you can dance' addiction. There was no american idol on this weekend so I didn't get to tape it.

Congrats to Gid once again on his posting. Favourite movies? Mine range from the critically acclaimed to the horribly trashy. Goodfellas (best Gangsta film of ALL time), While you were sleeping (best romanitc comedy), The Breakfast Club (best 80s flick), Comrades - almost a love story (fave HK film), Old School (best stupid comedy) and I'm not a fan of sci-fi.

Gayle said...

Hey Sis,
Thanks or your post. I've just seen the last episode of SYTYCD before the finale, and I'm soooo excited. Unfortunately I don't have a copy of the finale, but hopefully some kind person will tape it for me! lol.

Goodfellas is better than the Godfather? I think a lot of people would beg to differ with you. However, I have seen neither, so I'd definitely better put it on my list of movives to see. While you were sleeping? Great chick flick, but don't know if it's my favourite. Am a sucker fo those romantic comedies though. Here are a few good ones - 50 first dates, Sleepless in Seattle, The Wedding Planner, How to loose a guy in 10 days, Love Actually, Notting Hill, My best friend's wedding, etc. etc.

Ooo... Breakfast club - definitely one of my favourite 80's films too. Old School? Yes, Stupid is the right world. I saw a preview last night for a new movie by the same makers as Old School, it starred Jon Heder (what a cutie, except in Napoleon Dynamite) and Billy Bob - it looks funny!! You'll have to see it.