Sunday, July 15, 2007

I am soooo over packing

Either I am completely indecisive or I have way too many clothes.. I have a feeling both are true. Trying to decide what is going in storage, what is getting air freighted and what to put in my suitcase is proving more difficult and time consuming than I thought. Half the problem is that I am so used to Darwin weather now, it is hard to remember what Melbourne is like in winter. I am sure, however, that everyone down there will tell me it is bloody cold!

The weather forecasts show that Melbourne is on average colder than England at the moment... it is supposed to be summer there, but at the same time, by all reports I think it is a cold summer this year... so should I pack summer clothes or winter clothes? I'm used to just throwing on a singlet and shorts! It's all too difficult!

Anyway, better get back to it.

Love g xoxo

ps. for those not already on facebook, check it out! http://www.facebook.com/ It's a bit of fun... I've been using the Tetris tournament to avoid doing packing!

pps. I promise that the Broome trip blog is coming your way soon. I am in the middle of writing it, and it is proving to be a bit of a saga... but not long now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, it is 11dC here today and we are about to be absolutely drenched. Yep, winter is here. When packing, definitely think warm and fluffy!

And the love for Alien vs. Predator must run in the family: it was a necessary addition to my DVD collection. In fact, I think I watched it about a week ago. Aah, quality movie. ;)

Look forward to seeing you in Melb very soon! :)

Suze

Gayle said...

Hey Suze... thanks for leaving a comment! Yep, have packed for the freezing cold weather. I am not looking forward to it at all! At the moment, I'm seeing in Darwin airport with long pants and a singlet on, and I'm erring on the side of hot!