Saturday, March 03, 2007

Love a sleep in!

Good Morning all! So luxurious to be able to just lie in bed and enjoy how soft the pillow is and have nowhere to go and nothing to do. Must give big kudos to my man for foiling the bedroom windows, because up until a couple of weeks ago, the sunlight had kept getting us out of bed by 9 on the weekends.

Well now...

The rain has just eased up for about the first time in 20 hours! According to BOM, at 9am this morning, at Darwin Airport, they measured a whopping 152mm of rain for the previous 24hrs! I think surely the pool must have overflowed during the night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi gayle!

I am enjoying your blog very much- you are a great writer....I feel like I am there in Darwin with you :-)

Am very jealous of the rain- we had rain for a couple of minutes yesterday and that was very exciting!

I think you deserve a well done for learning to drive a manual- and I agree with you on the not driving in the rain.

Talk to you soon. Am looking forward to seeing you in Melb for Lise's Hen's Night.

Love, Suse

Gayle said...

Hi Suse!

Nice to hear from you, and glad you are enjoying the blog. I really need to update it more consistently, but some days you just don't feel like it.

Yeas, it's hard to believe we are in the same country. It's abolutely pouring down at the moment. I'd say it's definitely an effect of global warming (Have you seen an Inconvenient Truth yet?). They say this year's monsoon season in Darwin has been dryer than usual. :P

Can't wait to catch up with you. Looks like I'll be able to make Lisa's Hen's night, but only for a bit. See you then!

Love gayle