Saturday, March 17, 2007

*Sigh* - I'm In Love again

Happy St Patrick's Day everyone!

Robbie Williams is in rehab and Take That are back in Australia doing a promo tour. Who would have thunk it? It has been a decade since the boys...ahem, men... split up. The youngest, Mark Owen is now 34 years old, and the oldest, Howard Donald is now 38 years old, and yet they are, for all intent and purposes, still a boy band.

After an afternoon of listening to their Australian radio interviews and watching clips and come back interviews on You Tube, I have to admit that this thirty year old is as infactuated as she was 1o years ago when she chased TT that from Melbourne Airport to their hotel.

Here's a link to their new filmclip for the song Shine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BuX0eTjJRk
It's a great song, I like it more than Patience (which incidently won best single at the Brit Awards this year), and the film clip is fun. I found it amusing that if you read the comments on YouTube under this footage, it is mostly from 11 to 13 year olds professing their love for the band and their favourite member! I'm not sure if that makes me feel ultra old or young.

Here's another link to a live version of the same song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X8RZmOCO7g
This one's funny for the dance moves. Watching thirty something guys doing really lame dance moves in synch is somewhat laughable. :D

But anyway, welcome back Take That! I've been waiting for 10 years, and it has been worth the wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha.....I can't say that my love for Take That has been reignited like yours. The group has never been the same since Robbie Williams left. Mark Owen is still a cutie though.

Gayle said...

Hmm... I'm a bit over Robbie. Mark is still a cutie - in fact none of them look much older than they did back in 1995. I can't believe Howard is 38yo, that is freaky. Gary is still my favourite though, I don't think that will ever change... although he is looking slightly on the chunkier side, like in the earlier 90's. Did you check out the Shine film clip? It's such a catchy song.