Sunday, March 04, 2007

A Quiet Sunday Afternoon

Sitting here sipping my vodka lemon lime (it's aleady going to my head), with some raisin toast and Take That Beautiful World playing in the background. It's still raining outside. A very pleasant Sunday afternoon alone, contemplating the meaning of life. Hahah... no, not really, just contemplating whether to go read a book (ie. have a nap) or play computer games.

Did anyone read the blog where I talked about my notorious black thumb, and how I was going to give you regular updates as to the state of my budding herb garden. Well. It pretty much died. So I'm starting all over again. Not sure what happened, but I think it was probably a case of too much direct sun - most of the buds kept shrivelling up and dying. So now the garden is moving inside and I've just replanted some seeds. Hopefully things will work out this time... stay tuned!

Have also been doing a bit more reading that usual recently. It has been great. Loving Darwin City Library! Here's a quick rundown on he last three: A Wise Woman - Philippa Gregory (no where near as good as some of her others, eg. The Other Boleyn Girl), Blast From the Past - Ben Elton (quick read, amusing, very good), The Lady and the Unicorn - Tracey Chevalier (just as good as Girl With a Pearl Earring).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi again Gayle!

Just have to tell you that I have also been reading Philippa Gregory lately. I have just finished The Other Boleyn Girl..and I loved it! I have started The Boleyn Inheritance...it is really like a continuation of The Other Boleyn Girl and is pretty good so far.

If you are looking for other books to read, I have recently read Notes on a Scandal by Zoe Heller..the movie is based on the book. I haven't seen the movie yet but the book is interesting. Another really good book that I have read recently is Midwives by Chris Bohjalian...I seriously could not put that one down.

Have fun!

Love, Suse

Gayle said...

Yes, I love her books too! Other Boleyn Girl and The Virgin Lover were probably my favourite. I just noticed The Boleyn Inheritance on the net, I will have to go and find myself a copy!

Thanks for the other recommendations, will definitely check them out!